As we move into a new year, it’s time to start thinking about the trends that will shape search marketing in the coming months. Here are five of the most important trends to watch out for in 2023:
- The continued decline of third-party cookies: Third-party cookies have been on the decline for some time now, and this trend is only going to accelerate in 2023. Google has already announced plans to phase out support for third-party cookies in its Chrome browser within the next two years, and other browsers are likely to follow suit. This means that marketers will need to find alternative ways to track user behavior and target ads. One solution is first-party data, which can be collected directly from a website or app’s users.
- The rise of email marketing: Email is one of the most effective ways to reach and engage customers, and it’s only going to become more important in the coming year. As more companies move away from third-party cookies, email will become one of the best ways to target ads and drive sales. In addition, email is a great way to build relationships with customers and keep them updated on new products and services.
- The continued importance of content: Content will always be an important part of search marketing, but it’s especially important as we move into a cookie-less world. That’s because high-quality content is one of the best ways to attract organic traffic and build brand awareness. In addition, as more companies focus on email marketing, quality content will be essential for standing out in recipients’ inboxes.
- The launch of Google Analytics 4: Google Analytics 4 was released in October 2020, but many marketers are still getting up to speed with its features and capabilities. GA4 offers a number of advantages over its predecessor, including improved data collection and analysis, better support for BigQuery integration, and new insights into customer behavior. In the coming year, expect more companies to make the switch to GA4 so they can take advantage of these benefits.
- The continued growth of search ads: Search advertising is one of the most effective ways to reach potential customers, and it’s only getting more popular. In fact, spending on search ads is expected to grow 10 percent in 2023, reaching $134 billion worldwide. This growth is being driven by the continued rise of mobile searches and the increasing use of voice assistants like Siri and Alexa.
These are just a few of the trends that will shape search marketing in 2023. As we move into a new year, be sure to keep an eye out for these changes so you can adjust your strategy accordingly. And if you need help keeping up with the latest trends or implementing a new strategy, contact DigiWebHelp—we’re always happy to help!